At Oatley Red Bear, we follow the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF)Â which describes the principles, practice and outcomes essential to support and enhance young children’s learning from birth to five years of age, as well as their transition to school. The Framework has a strong emphasison play-based learning as play is the best vehicle for young children’s learning providing the most appropriate stimulus for brain development.
The Framework also recognises the importance of communication and language (including early literacy and numeracy) and social and emotional development.
Educators ensure the learning programs:
- Reflects the needs of all children as individuals and groups.
- Fosters the development of the whole child
- Reflects the uniqueness of the centre
- is open and diverse
- provides choices
- supports development of trusting relationships
- encourages respect and empathy for others
- ultimately leads to growth and learning